Description: An article I wrote for my mass media and society class. The assignment intended for us to write about readings or expieriences we encountered outside of class during the week.
Date: May 2018
I’ve met many people since returning from my mission who choose to not have a Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Today I would like to observe half a dozen reasons why people ought to have social media accounts, namely Twitter.
- Twitter is a fantastic way to follow the news. Not only do news publications have Twitter accounts and they post their articles, but celebrities, political leaders, and religious leaders post as well. Its one of the best ways to see first hand what people are saying.
- It’s the ultimate soundbite zone. Because of the word limit there are very rants on Twitter and the most important information is front and center.
- Employers look at your Twitter. Who you follow, who follows you, and what you tweet will follow you through your entire career.
- It’s a great place to build a solid reputation.
- It’s simple and easy to understand. You can scroll through tweets and follow peoples feeds like Facebook.
- The hashtag. It’s a beautiful thing and on Twitter its how you connect your posts to everyone elses. Before you know it you’ll be using the word hashtag in your everyday conversations.
So there ya have it. Half a dozen reasons to have a twitter. Why wouldn’t you want one?